Saturday, August 23, 2014

Murder in the Mystery Suite and A New Scone Recipe

 Murder in the Mystery Suite by Ellery Adams has been by far the most fun cozy mystery I have read this year. Action and Adventure await the reader in this new and fantastically written cozy.
Captivated from the first chapter and begging myself not to read it too quickly for fear the story would come to a very quick end I have tried my very best to read only a chapter at a time to savor it.


The main character like so many cozy mystery has a tragic back story and has overcome her sadness and strife and lives a full and happy life until she discovers there is so much more going on then she realizes and her future is ever so more complicated  and wonderful, then she could have imagined. Complicated, wonderful and so exciting!
If ever there was a new cozy series to dive into it is this one. Each character is so rich and mulch-layered you will feel totally invested in each of their lives. The Storyton Book Retreat series is going to be one I read for as long as Ellery Adams writes it. I am anxiously awaiting word on when we can next expect  to pre order the next adventure!  Murder in the Jane Austen Parlor is due Summer 2015!

More then just a picture perfect setting and your average cozy mystery this story is packed with so many wonderful surprises. From fantastic character names to sub plots that will have you laughing out loud, imagining, wishing and hoping for more!
I highly recommend picking up Murder in the Mystery Suite by Ellery Adams and am pretty sure we will need to start a fan club for this series.
As promised to my Facebook Friends who follow my daily photo post and Instagram  I am including my newest scone recipe I created while reading Murder In The Mystery Suite
Enjoy! ~Karen


Vanilla Yogurt Drop Scones
Pre Heat overn to 375 degrees 

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup margarine, butter or lard
3 tsp baking powder
1 egg
4 tbsp Vanilla Yogurt

Method:
In a mixing bowl place the Flour,Sugar and Margarine. Mix together until the mixture resembles chunky bread crumbs. Add baking powder and mix in. Add the egg and Vanilla Yogurt until mixture is just combined.
Spoon  large drop fulls of batter on to parchment lined baking sheet bake until the edges and top of your scones are golden brown. Remove from oven and sever still warm with jam and cream ( Use Whip cream, Sour cream or Cool Whip if you do not have clotted cream sold near you)
These are perfect with Earl Grey Tea.

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

* I will mention that this book was not sent to me to review and was a mystery I pre ordered from The Book Depository. I live in Canada and the free shipping from The Book Depository is where I order my books from. I do not work for them and they do not advertise with me but as a public service announcement I thought I would share.

1 comment:

  1. A great review, Karen! It was a wonderful book. And I'm going to have to try your scone recipe!

    ReplyDelete