Saturday, June 23, 2018

Karen's Almond Meal Vanilla Scones...

For the last few weeks I have been doing something for me I have not done in years and that is believing in the fact I can and will make better choices in my eating. While I was with my sister in Montreal, she and her husband have been exploring a low carb, low sugar lifestyle and at first I thought there is no way I can do that. I love my chocolate (hourly) and my cookies (by the sleeve) and there is my favorite all time thing to make scones.

I am thrilled to say this was a great way to learn about myself and my eating habits and that I have not had Chocolate, or cookies in more than 11 days. I actually have not even missed them, but I did miss scones. Honestly though I feel so much better, I am less tired, my clothing is fitting much looser and I don't have heartburn anymore that I was constantly plagued with. I am amazed at just how much more energy I have and how much calmer I feel.

That being said,  Fridays I like to have friends over in the morning for tea and scones, yesterday I tried a recipe that I found online but I made it my own.


Karen's Almond Meal Vanilla Scones. *

2 cups of Almond Flour (also known as Almond Meal, Ground Almonds)
1/4 cup of cold butter (cut in small squares or chopped finely)
1/4 cup of Steeva
1 tsp Vanilla
1 egg
2 tsp Baking Powder


In a medium bowl measure out your Almond Flour but do not pack it down, add your butter and cut the butter into the almond with your pastry blender. Try not to pack the dough you want to get as much air into it as possible. If you over mix it you will end up with a tough dough. Add your Steeva, and vanilla. crack the egg into the mixture and combine. Add the baking powder. Place the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.


Next use a medium sized ice cream scoop to form your scones. You can pack them if you want but I did loose scoops. I placed them on a piece of parchment on my cookie sheet and baked them at 400 until the edges were golden brown.
I picked some early raspberries from the yard and enjoyed a few with my scones and butter. I also delighted in sharing them with friends.

Thank you for joining me here today for a cup of tea and a recipe. Let me know if you make them and how you like them.

*The original recipe I found had more almond meal and milk, however I found that I did not need to add the milk as my mixture was already soft enough.

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Using Almond Flour gives you both protein and fiber. Sadly, I was not aware of Friday morning scones at your place. Looking forward to learning more recipes on your new quest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for your very good article! i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete