Thursday, September 6, 2018

A Deadly Brew By Lynn Cahoon

I have been so busy with back to school, working and some fun side projects recently and have not been reading at the speed I have been in the past, so it was lovely to sit down and read A Deadly Brew, which is a new release from Lynn Cahoon. Her tourist trap mystery series is a favorite of mine and my friend Lisa K turned me on to this series years ago. I am so delighted with the way that A Deadly Brew unfolds. I love the idea of going away for the weekend with friends and staying in a haunted house, figuring out a mystery and truly enjoying a fun Halloween, grown up style.  I think that this was a great idea for a book, loved the setting, the mystery and the new elements that Lynn brought to this latest in the series. The cover is also great and loved how it looked on my table. I had been craving a fun fall read and this one is exactly that! Pick it up and enjoy it now!
As Halloween approaches South Cove, California, four couples get into the spirit of the holiday by conjuring up spirits. . . The house has sat empty for fifteen years, taking up prime real estate along the picturesque coastline. Built by one of the founders of South Cove, its last known owner, Maryanne Demerit, vanished without a trace. Now her home will be demolished for a condo development, but until then, it’s the perfect spot for a Halloween haunted house. Jill Gardner, owner of Coffee, Books, and More, her boyfriend, and three other couples are spending the weekend in the Demerit home. But what begins as an all-in-good-fun fright fest turns into a mystery begging to be solved as Jill is contacted by the ghost of Maryanne . . .

This one is out now and you can find it on Amazon by clicking here ( I am not an Amazon affiliate)  
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments: