Friday, July 4, 2014

Becareful What You Witch For Exactly What I Needed!

I just finished Dawn Eastman's book Be Careful What You Witch For. I belong to a Facebook group called Chatting About Cozies  which is where I found out about this book and series. I am always up for a cozy that has some paranormal aspects to it and as I have admitted in the past I do judge books by their cover. I was simply drawn to this one. Fall and a beautiful old house with two lovely dogs on the front...hook, line and sinker...

I pre ordered a bunch of cozies that all seem to be released this July so the last few weeks I had to rely on my spin the book shelf at my local library until they arrived, this book was exactly what I needed. Some of the books I checked out were great others just not my style. This one however was different.
Small town, perfect fall setting and characters I could really get behind and route for. I love it when I can still fall for a cozy series even when I do not start with book one. I was hooked by the end of the first paragraph and read this book in under 24 hours....which as a busy mother of three is no small feat, throw in my Dyslexia and the fact that I spent two prime reading hours watching Dr Who last night is very impressive. At least to me.
 As I am Canadian living in Canada today was not a holiday for us here so when the mail man delivered 4 of my other pre ordered titles from The Book Depository today I was even more determined to finish Be Careful What You Witch For.  In case any of you are wondering, I don't work for The Book Depository (they ship world wide for free this is why I am sharing this info) and I ordered all my own books, these have not been sent to me to review. My opinions of these books I review are truly my own. I am thankful to Chatting about Cozies for recommending this book and series to me and I look forward to reading more of them.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment