Saturday, November 10, 2018

Karen's Snowflake Shortbread

I love to bake. Shortbread is one cookie I learned to make and store in logs of batter in my fridge so that when someone stops by I can pull it out and slice and bake some while the kettle boils. This year I decided to add one of my new favorite holiday teas that we have at Murchie's to my dough and the result is spectacular.

In order to make these shortbread I had to pull out my coffee grinder give it a good wipe down and added 1 tsp of the Snowflake tea, (You can use any loose leaf tea you think would pair nicely, such as an Earl Grey Tea, just make sure you grind the tea leaves finely). Our Snowflake tea has coconut and Almond with black tea and is on its own quiet something to sip, I paired a pot of the tea to go with the shortbread and it was to die for!



Here is the recipe:
1 cup of softened butter
1/2 cup of icing sugar
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp of  loose leaf tea of your choice (mine was Snowflake from Murchie's) ground finely

In a mixer place your butter and whip it until it is light and very soft, add your icing sugar and continue to whip it to combine. Slowly add your flour 1/2 cup at a time, making sure to check that it is absorbing into the butter before you add more.  Final step is grind your tea leaves, add them to your batter. Mix together until it is all incorporated.

Tear off some parchment the size of your cookie sheet and place it on the counter, spoon half the dough onto the parchment paper and log roll it, I form mine into more of a square and mold it with the paper as I go. Repeat on the remaining dough. Place them in the fridge to harden up for at least two hours.

When you wish to bake them, preheat your oven to about 350 pull out one log at a time and slice the cookies to your desired thickness, I did mine 1/2 inch thick.
Place them on a lined baking sheet and bake until the edges start to turn a light golden brown. Cool slightly and then place them on a pretty plate and make yourself a cup of tea in a beautiful cup and enjoy!

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a tea time recipe. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment