Sunday, November 4, 2018

Mug Rug Sunday...

My Aunt Margot, made me this lovely mug rug in the spring and I had it on my table yesterday. Mug rugs are wonderful little placemats not much larger than coasters or can be as large as you would like, their purpose is to give you a pretty place to put your mug or teacup and perhaps a light lovely snack.
My aunt is a quilter and hers is really special to me, it has pockets you can slip a tea bag into as well.

These are lovely gifts to make and give and fun to pick up at craft fairs. They are great for scrap busting as well. Here are some of my favorite free patterns incase you wish to make your own.

This one from love to sew.com 
This is a great tutorial and pattern idea The sewing loft blog 
Beyond Sock Monkeys has a great tutorial as well. Click here to see this very simple quilting project. 

I hope you have a lovely Sunday! Happy Sewing! Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a tea time craft idea. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment