Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Something about best laid plans and the future...

Dearest readers and faithful followers of this blog, how is it June already? I apologize yet again for the length between posts. This new normal of covid-19, still has my world a tad sideways, though thankfully no longer totally upside down.
 I have both good and disappointing news to share with you. I will start with the disappointing news, that like a million other Canadians, in March I lost my job in the beloved tea shop, at the time I had hoped that it was temporary, but I learned last week that due to a few circumstances out of my control  I wont be returning to Murchie's Tea full time. I am disappointed but understand and appreciate everything the Murchie's Tea Company has done for me and continues to do for me. My hope is that perhaps I can return in some capacity in the future. I am currently freed up to continue with helping my two kids at home with their school work as I have done for the last 10 weeks.  On the same day that I learned that I wont be returning to the tea store, I took a leap of faith and am starting to turn one of my long term dreams into reality.
I purchased a 12 foot vintage trailer and this is going to become my long dreamed of tea shop and tea room on wheels. I have been planing and dreaming of doing this for many years and the opportunity from finding the trailer, to the price and condition and even finding an affordable parking spot, all came together. 
Over the next several months, and while I am looking for full time work, with the help of some amazing friends I have gathered for my team, I will be making small changes on the inside of the trailer and some major paint changes on the outside of the trailer. I spent my Saturday morning diligently creating some themed items for my trailer....
 Oddly enough, I purchased my mugs, cups and saucers at our Dollarama store, and then found the perfect teapot at my local thrift store that just opened and I paid $4.99. Using my Cricut Joy machine I was able to personalize them to suit the trailer perfectly...
The enthusiasm for this project I have found is becoming contagious and I am grateful for my friends who have jumpped on board to help make this dream a reality.
Much work to be done but a good time frame to work on it, and the planing and putting the work in is even something my 12 year old is thrilled about.

The plan is to transform this trailer into a food cart, store and tea room on wheels, with attention to working on catering events and parties, ladies nights and farmers markets. I am truly excited to share this part of my journey with you all today. 
While I have no idea what is around the corner, I take comfort in the fact that I am able to work towards putting something that has been a dream of mine into a tangible reality.
So up next, pick a name for it, change the glass on two windows, and a paint job...then a crash course towing it with my VWBug...

Thank you for joining me today for a cup of tea and catch up, I hope to have more to share with you again soon, now that I have found my misplaced kindle and charger, perhaps I can get back to reading, then there is sewing, crafting and oh yes updating my resume.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com
 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. Lots of luck. You've got this and have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally gasped! How exciting and wonderful!!! I'm very happy (and a wee bit envious!) for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete