Monday, June 15, 2020

Stop Hate Go Love Project

Yesterday I participated with more than 7000 people in an on line class, all of us painting a powerful project with Yaymaker from home. I  found this to be a very powerful and emotional project.  I live in Canada, the class was taught from New York and California, and I saw posts on Social Media of people working on the project in England, Canada and all over the USA.
The intro from the owner and the team lead in California echoed the sentiment I feel and have felt through this process of the last few weeks. This project really helped me express artistically and in a way that reminded me of how much work needs to be done, personally and through out the world.


I had not considered myself racist person, I realize that that is not even enough, and I am listening and trying to educate myself, on the issues surrounding systematic racism and on going hatred that lives in all our communities.
Art therapy has been something I have been actively participating in for the last two years and I have found it has a profound effect on me. Being able to express myself through art and creativity feeds my soul and I find I learn so much through it.

I want to thank the people at Yaymaker (formally Paintnite) for opportunity to participate in this project and support the #blacklivesmatter movement through art.
To learn more about Yaymaker, please click here.

As part of the event which was Free from Yay Maker, they are raising money for the following Charities. Please consider supporting programs like these or ones in your own area.
Black Table Arts

Embrace Race 

Colors of Change 

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a look at my Yay Maker Project for Stop Hate Go Love.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment