Saturday, August 13, 2016

On My Table and In My Cup August 6-13th


Another very delightful week has come to an end here on my blog and I have been very busy this week. I have some truly delightful projects on the go, fantastic books that have just arrived to read  and some extremely supportive friends who made this week a complete joy.

Thank you to my team, Karen, Lisa and Sheryl for all the ways you make me love what I do. In addition to great family, and friends I am so thankful to have been able to make the time to read some great cozies this week.

I finished  A Catered Tea Party which is by Isis Crawford and comes out August 30th. Tea themed cozies are a true delight for me! I can not wait to share my review with you of this one! In my cup this week I have had Murchies Lavender Black tea, Davids Cotton Candy Tea and even After 8 tea just to name a few!
I shared the review of All- Butter Short Dead by J.Y. Hanna yesterday and it was still free as of yesterday so run over to amazon.com and download it for yourself! I enjoyed this one and it got my blood pressure up in parts!
I can honestly say I did not loose any weight this week, not that I am trying and even if I was I could not have resisted eating Karen MacInerney's Peach Sunrise Coffee Cake I made from her recipe provided in The Gray Whale Inn Kitchen, this was only one off some very delicious looking recipes included with in! Now Lisa has me wanting to catch up with her and Sheryl with all the cook books that go with cozy series!
A Grave Prediction by Victoria Laurie was so much more fun then I had anticipated. This cozy was heavy on the side of amazing friendships and complicated mysteries. A cozy combination I admire and enjoyed. I felt very involved in this particular mystery and strongly recommend it for a great weekend read.
Bailey Cates, Spells and Scones appeared briefly on my table this week as well, I say briefly as I could not put it down and read it in record time. This is a "chip" type book series where you can just inhale each cozy mystery as if they were a bag of chips! Thank you to Laura from swimming for the great analogy!
The Witch Who Couldn't Spell was a Sunday review and another free or almost free cozy I enjoyed from Amazon.com. I loved the concept of this one, it was on the lighter side of paranormal but still a good British themed cozy.


With that I must leave you this Saturday morning as I have a very exciting event today, my second annual Witches Tea Party and I hope to have some fun photos and tips from my own party to share with you soon.
Thank you for joining me here for another week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! So great. I'm loving all the cozies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Celia! Welcome, I am so very happy to have you here as a reader! Thank you for taking time to comment!

      Delete