Thursday, August 11, 2016

Peach Sunrise Coffee Cake From The Gray Whale Inn Kitchen! A Book and Recipe From Karen MacInerney

I follow Karen MacInerney on Facebook and I subscribe to her news letters too. As a reward last week she sent her followers The Gray Whale Inn Kitchen Recipe Book.  My friend Sheryl over at Booth Talks Booksand I both have made this Peach Sunrise Coffee Cake and it is delicious.
I have asked author Karen MacInerney if I can share this recipe and she has kindly agreed!

Peach Sunrise Coffee Cake From  The Gray Whale Inn Kitchen by Karen MacInerney
Cake :
2 cups of All Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons of Sugar
1/3 cup of butter
1 egg
1 cup milk

Base:
1/2 cup of melted butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups of peaches thinly sliced ( I used canned and I sliced each one in half)

Middle layer:
1/3 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup raspberry preserves

Cake:
In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a fork. Cut in butter. In a separate bowl, beat together egg and milk. Add to the glour mixture, stirring until just mixed. Set aside.

Base:
Combine melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; spread over the bottom of a 9 inch square baking pan (I had a 8X8 pan). Next layer the peaches in four rows.  Spoon half the cake batter over the peaches.

Middle Layer: Combine sour cream and raspberry preserves in a small bowl. Pour over the batter in the pan. Then drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter over the preserves mixture and smooth it out.

Bake at 350 F for 50 mins, cool for 15 mins and then invert on a serving plate.
I loved all the recipes in this book and can not wait to try more, from savory to sweet there is something for everyone in this cozy cook book!

To order your own copy of Karen MacInerney's book The Gray Whale Inn Kitchen please click here
Learn more about Karen MacInerney and all her cozy series by clicking here
Thank you Karen for allowing me to share your recipes with my readers and for this wonderful book!
Thank you all for joining me here for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery recipe book review! I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing...The Coffee Cake looks amazing! I have Karen's new book but have yet to find time to try anything...I must remedy that!!!

    ReplyDelete