Sunday, September 11, 2016

Murder She Wrote, The Ghost and Mrs. Fletcher

Let me start today by recognizing the observance of the significant and profound effects that the events of September 11th, 2001. Please know that I remember with exact and precise memories of where I was, how I felt and how I still feel about the tragic events of that fateful day. Today I remember and like many of you I live on and free thanks to the selfless acts of some truly amazing and heroic people and families who protect our rights and our freedoms.

I finished Murder She wrote, The Ghost and Mrs. Fletcher on the 7th of September. This is the first book in the series I have read but I do remember watching it many years ago and enjoying it so, the last scene was always my favorite as I imagine it was for many of you.
I was not sure what to expect from this book. I was very pleasantly surprised when I  started chapter 1 and felt engaged and invested in the story. It was a good and strong mystery with good twists and turns. I truly did not have it figured completely out in the end and was a bit upset with myself with the mystery was revealed.  Great writing in this cozy, classic red herrings in the story that caught me hook line and sinker! The only thing I felt was missing was some theme music! Great fall read and set in the fall as well.

Now in paperback in the USA Today bestselling series—Jessica Fletcher cleans house to catch a killer who hasn’t got a ghost of a chance. UNREAL ESTATE Jessica’s friend, Eve Simpson, has recently taken on the task of selling one of Cabot Cove’s oldest properties—the Spencer Percy House. Its current occupant, Cliff Cooper, is convinced he’s about to die and wants the house sold so he can give the proceeds to his grandson.  But Eve’s got quite a challenge on her hands. Not only is the building in deplorable physical condition, it is also rumored to be haunted.  When Cliff’s deadly premonition becomes a reality, some people aren’t sure he died of natural causes. Now, as Jessica tries to get to the bottom of Cliff Cooper’s death, a medium hired by Eve attempts to rid the house of the alleged apparition. But if Jessica isn’t careful, she may be the one who joins the ranks of the dearly departed.

To order your own copy from The Book Depository with free world wide shipping please click here. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment