Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Samhain Secrets by Jennifer David Hesse

I love fall, Halloween and Samhain. Reading Jennifer David Hesse Samhain Secrets in Mexico got me so excited for Fall. While I do love these long summer days and nights, I am more of a sweater weather and jeans kind of girl. I loved being transported into the town of Edindale, Illinois where the Wiccan Wheel Mystery Series takes place. Main character Keli Milanni is a great character. She feels like someone I could be very close to and a great friend to have. This book I will tell you had me sad in the beginning, so sad, I felt so much empathy for Keli and yet then so inspired. I felt so emotionally invested in the story that I hated to put it down, I cried, I smiled, I loved and I laughed. In the end my heart soared. I loved this book and I love this series. This one is out at the end of the month and is a must read, the series is a must read for light paranormal witchy mystery fans. I also love these great covers that Kensington has for this series.

It’s that haunted time of year, when skeletons come out to play. But Edindale, Illinois, attorney Keli Milanni discovers it isn’t just restless spirits who walk the night . . . After her recent promotion to junior partner, Keli is putting in overtime to juggle her professional career and private Wiccan spiritual practice. With Halloween fast approaching, her duties include appearing as a witch at a “haunted” barn and hand-holding a client who’s convinced her new house is really haunted. But it’s the disappearance of Josephine O’Malley that has Keli spooked. The missing person is Keli’s aunt, an environmental activist and free spirit who always seemed to embody peace, love, and independence. When Josephine is found dead in the woods, Keli wonders if her aunt’s activities were as friendly as they seemed. As Keli comes to terms with her loss—while adjusting to having a live-in boyfriend and new demands at work—she must wield her one-of-a-kind magic to banish negative energy if she’s going to catch a killer this Samhain season. Because Keli isn’t ready to give up the ghost . . .

I am not an Amazon affiliate and you can find Samhain Secrets on Amazon by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment