Friday, August 17, 2018

Sherlock Holmes The Complete Novels and Stories Volume 1-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

This week I read part of Sherlock Holmes, specifically the first A Study In Scarlet. This may seem insignificant but for me, reading this first story felt like a very huge leap. I have always wanted to read Sherlock Holmes but because of my learning disability, I had always shied away from these stories thinking that my Dyslexia, would prevent me from understanding and enjoying these classic mysteries. I was very surprised and happy to learn that I had nothing to worry about. I truly enjoyed and did not want to put down the mystery. I carry this book with me everywhere now and when I can pick it up and smile knowing now that I can take in and enjoy these stories, understand them and that I should not be afraid to read any book, old or new. I loved and am now hooked on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's work.  

It has been such a pleasure reading and enjoying my last few weeks. I am looking forward to sharing more with you all again very soon.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment