Friday, December 28, 2018

Dark Corner By Vicki Vass...

One of the most extraordinary things about life is how chance encounters lead to unimaginable adventures. Not so many years back I was introduced to the most amazing of authors, Vicki Vass, through my friend Lisa Kelley. I devoured books that Vicki wrote like potato chips and came to have admire and be inspired by her writing. I reached out to her through social media and an amazing thing happened. Somehow, the books I had come to love, I ended up a character in. This is one of the coolest things that has ever happened to me.
Book two in the Witch Cat Mystery Series arrived early in December and was the most exciting paranormal reads of 2018. I love the premise of this series,  the story line, the setting and of course the characters! Lending my name and my familiar to the story, gave me an unbelievable sense of excitement in a book that gave me hours of joy and mystery. We lose ourselves in books but we find ourselves there also...
I hope to be as "badass" as my character is in Dark Corner, and I hope it is not my last time in this amazing series. If you love witches, if you love cats, if you love magic, adventure and hope. This is a series you need to pick up and read. Vicki Vass is truly talented and magical in every way!
Evil has awoken in Asheville, North Carolina, and Terra Rowan must prepare the Ladies of the Biltmore Society for battle. With her familiar, Pixel, a crooked leg fluffy orange cat, and her apprentice Abigail Oakhaven, a stubborn teenage girl with a bloodline dating back to the beginning of time, she begins their journey. The witch hunters have come to the Appalachian Mountains in search of the last witch of Salem. The magic of the mountains can no longer protect her and her coven. She must travel to the one place on earth that holds the secret to save mankind – Dark Corner.Combining elements from different cultures, Appalachian folklore, Celtic legends, Native American mysticism, Dark Corner continues its new witch mythology while staying true to the realm of cozy mystery. Terra Rowan is a witch trapped between worlds and lost in time.

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave  me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: