Monday, December 10, 2018

In Peppermint Peril by Joy Avon

I have to apologize for not posting in quite some time. In the vortex of Christmas, retail, working and illness, I did manage to read and enjoy In Peppermint Peril.
This new book and series by Joy Avon was a delightful distraction. I really enjoyed this new cozy, set at Christmas and about tea, family and perception, I felt at home in this first in series. I can not wait to see where the next story goes. I really enjoyed how honest the main character is and how she made the best of the mystery, situation and her life. I am going to look forward to reading this series for I hope a very long time. This tea and real mystery book is out now. You can find it on Amazon.com by clicking here ( I am not an affiliate) 

This Christmas, Callie Aspen returns to her childhood hideout Heart's Harbor, Maine where her great aunt runs Book Tea, a vintage tearoom where every sweet treat contains a bookish clue. Upon arrival in the fairy-tale snowy town, Callie is drawn into the preparations for a special tea party at Haywood Hall, the rambling house of Heart's Harbor's oldest resident, rich but lonely widow Dorothea Finster, who invited her estranged relatives, old friends and the elite of the town to make a mysterious announcement about her will. Believing they can touch a part of her fortune, everybody is determined to come, despite not liking each other or even their hostess. And Callie's old friend Sheila complicates things by using the tea party to announce her daughter's engagement, even though her daughter isn't sure she's in love with the young lawyer her mother thinks so perfect for her. Catering to people who each have their own agenda isn't easy for the Book Tea crew, especially once the valuable engagement ring goes missing and a dead body turns up in the conservatory. Can Callie and her great aunt use their love of clues to dig into the crimes and show their unhappy hostess and squabbling guests the true Christmas spirit?

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery, I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment