Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Bless Her Dead Little Heart by Miranda James, New Series, Same Wonderful Writing!

When I heard that Miranda James (Aka Dean James) was writing a new series that included characters from the Cat in The Stacks Mysteries I could not have been more delighted! I pre ordered it as soon as it became available and I used The Book Depository to do so, just like I always do.
It was largely due to the Cat in the Stack's Mysteries and Miranda James as to why I now have my cat named Squirrel (she came named, she was a rescue) and constant reading companion. In this new Southern Ladies Mystery I am thrilled to say the charm and wit I came to enjoy with Charlie and Diesel from The Cat In The Stack Mystery series transfers beautifully over to this Southern Ladies Mystery titled Bless Her Dead Little Heart.
This story about two Southern Ladies who are in their octogenarian years is such a fun read. The story is funny, has the right amount of humor, mystery and suspicious death that will keep you guessing until the end. I loved the way that the new characters were introduced and developed. Diesel is a house guest of the Ducote Sisters and he turned out not to be the only one! This parade of characters that Miranda James introduces the readers to are reminiscent of the soap opera characters I remember my grandmother and mother enjoying while I was growing up. Their outlandish behavior is balanced nicely by the Ducote Sisters, Detective Berry and new comer Benji. I really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to reading the next Southern Ladies Mystery as well as the next installment of the Cat in the Stack's Mysteries Arsenic and Old Books due in February 2015.
Put on a pot of water to boil, and grab your favorite tea cup or mug and sit down to enjoy Bless Her Dead Little Heart by Miranda James. To learn more about Miranda James please visit the website by clicking here. 
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

1 comment: