Monday, March 2, 2015

36 Days and Counting Until The Release of Amanda Cooper's Shadow Of A Spout!

Today I am thrilled to share my review of Shadow of a Spout by Amanda Cooper with all of you. First I would like to thank Amanda for sending me the Advanced Reading Copy and for allowing me to contribute to the back of the book. For more on what I contributed you will have to wait for the books release to see!  The above photo is my celebratory Tea and Macaron from one of my favorite places to stop for tea called C.C. Violin here in West Vancouver BC. It was a lovely coincidence when the flowers matched the Advanced Reading Copy Cover! I also included in the photo what the cover of Shadow of a Spout will look like.

I took the weekend to read through Shadow of a Spout and I loved it. It is a tea drinkers delight to find a series that fits so perfectly with your own interests and loves! The story takes place away from the small town of "GiGi" at a teapot collectors convention. The perfect weekend get-a-way in my opinion and something I long to do. I was so easily caught up in this story and thoroughly enjoyed it!
I was guessing right up until the end in this well written installment of the Tea Pot Collector Mystery and am so excited to find out what happens next! I can not wait until my order from The Book Depository Arrives in 36 days! The cover and series is fast becoming a favorite and I love how Amanda Cooper writes this book from so many character points of view! To order your own copy like I did from The Book Depository ( Which I Do because I love free shipping, the ability to pay with Pay Pal and getting my mail by Royal Mail) Please Click here.

I promised my followers on my Facebook page My Lemon Loaf Recipe:
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3  Large Eggs
 3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoon melted butter
 
1 teaspoon Vanilla
 1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil


Instructions
Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
Use a mixer to blend together the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla,and lemon juice.
Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth..
Pour batter into a well greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into center of the cake comes out clean.

Let sit 5 minutes before removing from the pan and slice and serve.


As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the first book in the series, time for me to order book 2! Glad it is a good one Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first book in the series but haven't read it yet. It looks like a good cozy. I noticed the picture of it at the top of the blog.

    ReplyDelete