Sunday, October 14, 2018

Six Cats A Slayin' by Miranda James

Six Cats A Slaying by Miranda James is one of the most thoughtful cozy mystery books I have ever read. The main character Charlie Harris is one of my most favorites and it is because of the care and attention that Miranda James has put into developing the most kind and decent man who is often missing from cozy mysteries. Diesel the cat, made me from book one want to bring a rescue cat into my own family. I have read every book in the Cat in the Stacks Mystery series and have come to love and adore the characters as if they were family of my own. Filled with southern charm and respect these cozy mystery stories are also fun to read and discover. In six cats a slaying, Miranda James tackles some truly great themes. Set around the holidays,  with all the struggles that brings anxiety  for most people, Charlie finds he is not exactly in the holiday spirit, yet his perseverance and calm serve him well. Uninvited holiday guests, ( 5 furry kittens), a family crisis, a pushy neighbor, a friend in a tough spot and the holidays fast approaching are just some of the things Charlie is juggling this year.  Miranda James touches on a family subject that is very close to my heart and I encourage you to pick up this book and series, to get to know Charlie and the wonderful people in Athena.  This one is out October 23 from Berkley Prime and a most excellent read.

My own rescue cat Squirrel...

Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment