Monday, October 26, 2015

A Dickens of A Murder And A Mixed Berry Scone Recipe

My friends I am so thankful that you have joined me again for tea and a cozy mystery. I am still struggling with the news that Joyce Lavene is no longer with us and spent much of the weekend thinking about her, her family and connecting with other fans and friends of Joyce and her husband Jim's work.  Yesterday my friend Lisa hosted an on line Memorial Event in her honor and I made some scones and tea to share virtually on line for the event. I was thrilled to receive my ARC of A Dickens of A Murder from Jim, and I am thankful and looking forward to being able to read it and share it with all of you. It comes out on November 6th and you can pre order by clicking here. 

To Make Your Own Mixed Berry Scones You will need:
-2 cups of flour
-3/4 cup of sugar
-1/2 cup of butter
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/3 cup of milk
-1 egg
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 cup of mixed frozen fruit (blueberries and raspberries)

Pre heat your oven to 400
In a bowl combine the flour, sugar and baking powder, add the butter and combine until the bread crumb mixture starts to form. Add your milk, egg and vanilla fold the wet into the dry and then add your frozen fruit. If your mixture is to wet add a 1/2 cup more flour, if to dry add more milk until the dough is the right consistency,( hold's its shape when dropped onto a cookie sheet)
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop equal sized and spaced spoonfuls of scone batter on the cookie tray. Bake at 400 until the sides and top are golden brown.
Serve with your favorite tea, some butter or Devon-shire cream a great cozy mystery or your favorite book of poetry.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery. I look forward to sharing more tea with you soon. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment