Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Linda Reilly's A Frying Shame

I was absolutely delighted by Linda Reilly's A Frying Shame. I loved the title and the cover and really enjoyed the story line as well. I have not read this series before now and I felt right at home with this book. I loved the storyline of the cooking contest rouse as well as the murder mystery. There are parts of this story and investigation that felt really well researched and I enjoyed the way the characters responded "honestly and realistically" to the situations they all faced. This is one to pick up for sure. I am hoping there will be a book 4 Great ending and makes you long to read more. 

The town of Wrensdale is abuzz with excitement when Steeltop Foods sponsors a cooking contest to promote its new product, the Flavor Dial. With a $25,000 prize at stake, all the contestants are on edge, including Talia Marby, owner of Fry Me A Sliver. She hopes her mini deep-fried apple pies will win her the money to pay off the renovations on her restaurant. But when Norma Ferguson wins with her flaky-top chicken stew, the tensions dial up even more. After Norma is found dead at her cooking station, the police suspect a losing contestant got a little too hot under the collar. Now it’s crunch time as Talia works to catch the killer and clear her name before another cook gets burned.
This book is out now and you can find it on Amazon by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment