Saturday, April 8, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup April 1st -April 8th

Such a fantastic group of books on my table this week. I finished Occult and Battery last night and will share the review Monday with you. So happy to have had this one to escape with this week.
As another week has come and gone I wanted to share this is a photo of me last week in Penticton BC for the boys hockey tournament. I was so thrilled to find this cup and saucer before we left on our trip. I got it at a store called Echo's China, a little gem of a store within walking distance of my house. I brought it with me and enjoyed some lovely tea in the hotel room before and after our games.
This week was World Autism Day and we celebrated by participating in an adaptive hockey tournament and this was our pregame game faces photo. We lost all three games, but the last one was very close and we had so much fun.
I did get some reading done this weekend as well and loved Silence of the Jams by Gayle Lesson.
 I came home to the Magnolia Trees blooming and Patricia Neely- Dorsey's Mississippi In Me her latest book of poems. Some truly lovely and inspiring work in this book and a delight to have all three.

I adored Tonya Kappes latest mystery Souther Fried, this is a delightful cozy with a light paranormal twist, a ghost in the form of her later grandfather really ads some whimsy and grit to this story. Out now and a great read.
Also on my table this week Town in Maple Madness, loved the cover on this 8th in series.

 Always a treat to have Kathi Daley on my table and her book Treasure in Paradise paid me a visit, and I am happy to be on the stop of Kathi's Treasure Hunt today so be sure if you are collecting clues to visit my Facebook Fan Page! (Click here for more info)

In my cup this week the Paris Blend of tea from a little tea shop in Richmond BC called  the Arabella Tea room, it is a lovely black tea with the taste of currents and one I found about two years ago on my birthday. I find the afternoons I have been craving something a bit richer and this tea is full flavor and rounds out the afternoon hours nicely.

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea a week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment