Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Rhys Bowen's On Her Majesty's Frightfully Secret Service

Tuesday morning I finished reading Rhys Bowen's On Her Majesty's Frightfully Secret Service and as usual with books in this Royal Spyness Mystery Series I did not wish to put it down. Each time I was forced by reality to put it down I was most eager to get back to Dacy and Lady Georgiana Rannoch! You will have to wait a little longer as I feel so honored to have had this book on my table and to read before the August 1st Publication. We are now 11 books in on this A Royal Spyness Mystery and they get even more exciting with each new book. I am in awe of how Rhys Bowen captures not only the Era but the true character of what  one assumes the sullied Mrs. Wallis was truly like. The cover is as usual perfect and accurately reflects that the picture painted by Rhys Bowen's words of the impossibility of  life for the 35th in line for the throne. In an absolutely brilliant way she ties up an impossible situation with grace, style and fantastically written characters. One of the best series and one of the best books she has written. I highly recommend this book and series!


 When Darcy runs off on another secret assignment, I am left to figure out how to travel to Italy sans maid and chaperone to help my dear friend Belinda, as she awaits the birth of her baby alone. An opportunity presents itself in a most unexpected way—my cousin the queen is in need of a spy to attend a house party in the Italian lake country. The Prince of Wales and the dreadful Mrs. Simpson have been invited, and Her Majesty is anxious to thwart a possible secret wedding.  
What luck! A chance to see Belinda and please the queen as I seek her permission to relinquish my claim to the throne so I can marry Darcy. Only that’s as far as my good fortune takes me. I soon discover that Mummy is attending the villa party and she has her own secret task for me. Then, Darcy shows up and tells me that the fate of a world on the brink of war could very well depend on what I overhear at dinner! I shouldn’t be all that surprised when one of my fellow guests is murdered and my Italian holiday becomes a nightmare...

You can find Rhys Bowen's On Her Majesty's Frightfully Secret Service on Amazon by clicking here.

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

2 comments:

  1. Book reviews are hard to digest but you have done it in an interesting manner. The way you expressed your feeling is untouchable. I will keep in touch with all your updates. kindly review some fictions too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too love this series. I can not wait to read this latest book.

    ReplyDelete