Saturday, January 25, 2020

Vancouver's Hot Chocolate Festival...


Today I am 100% sure I consumed three times the recommended daily caloric intake. My friend Daniela organized an outing for the second year in a row for us to try out one of our favorite places participating in this years Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival. The festival runs from January 18-February 14th and even if you only make it to one, the one I say is not to miss is the one at Thomas Haas.

This festival is in it's tenth year but this is only the second year I have known about it. Not sure how I missed a hot chocolate festival  in the past but I know I don't want to miss it ever again. I had the Black Forest Hot Chocolate, which was so very rich I truly did not need the two desserts that I ordered with it but it was so fantastic!
This very rich dark chocolate hot chocolate came with what tasted like a heavenly black forest cake, complete with unbelievable chocolate goodies and a kirsch  soaked cherry, balanced on a chocolate shortbread with whip cream stars.

This was a lovely visit with friends all whom have the busiest of schedules and yet we were able to meet up for the second year in a row to indulge in such a delicious way. My only regret is that I forgot to get a picture of us together! If you get a chance to visit a Hot Chocolate Festival in your area I highly recommend it! Here is a link to the locations here participating and some of the amazing hot chocolates they offer. 


Thank you for joining me for a cup of Hot Chocolate today and a look at one of the best Chocolate Stores in Vancouver!
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmamil.com

No comments:

Post a Comment