Saturday, March 21, 2015

My First Knit Tea Cozy!

I did it! I finally knit my first tea cozy! I only know how to do one stitch (garter stitch) and am a very new to knitting & a lefty knitter who has procrastinated for the last 2 years about knitting a tea cozy! I still can not believe it is done.
I started knitting my first tea cozy on Wednesday night. I was waiting on my son to come home from the airport after his spring break trip to see my sister and I had just finished reading & reviewing A Wee Murder in My Shop by Fran Stewart , and was needing something to do with my now idle hands. I searched Google and found All Free Knitting's Free Pattern and tutorial which you can find by clicking here.
I was amazed when I read the tutorial and it was a pattern I could read and understand. All I had to do was "Knit two squares and sew them together", I knew I could do that. I finally took the chance. I have had this wonderful Red Heart Gumdrop Yarn for almost a year, my mothers knitting needles that I inherited when she passed away and took a chance on the possibility of crossing something off my New Years Resolution list. Here I am a few days later with a tea cozy I am pretty proud of!
The tutorial I used on all free patterns can be found by clicking here.
I love Red Heart Gumdrop yarn because even if you only know garter stitch like me you can make your tea cozy look even more amazing with the color pattern it creates. You can find more about Red Heart Yarn by clicking here.
I think I shall go make myself another pot of tea and put that tea cozy to work right away!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. That is a cute teapot cozy. I've often thought about crocheting one but most of the patterns I've seen are all knot! Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how it turned out! I really wish I could crochet!

      Delete
  2. It looks great Karen! I hope you will enjoy many lovely warm pots of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the link! I have always wanted to find an easy one to make a tea cozy like my grandma had!

    ReplyDelete