Monday, January 11, 2016

Death Crashes The Party A Liv and Di In Dixie Mystery

Many months ago I saw the cover art release of Death Crashes the Party and one look at the cover and I knew I had to read it. I pre ordered it from The Book Depository. I have not read anything by Vickie Fee before but I would not hesitate a moment to order another book by her. Death Crashes the Party story was not what I thought it would be but it was so much better then I could have imagined. It is a Southern Mystery with out any pretension, cleanly written and right up my alley. A story of friendship, with a healthy dose of mystery and southern charm but not over the top.
"In the quirky, close-knit town of Dixie, Tennessee, party planner Liv McKay has a knack for throwing Southern-style soirees, from diamonds-and-denim to black tie affairs, and her best friend Di Souther mixes a mean daiquiri. While planning a Moonshine and Magnolias bash for high maintenance clients, Liv inconveniently discovers a corpse in the freezer and turns her attention from fabulous fetes to finding a murderer. Together, Liv and Di follow a trail of sinister secrets in their sweet little town that leads them from drug smugglers to a Civil War battlefield, and just when they think they're whistling Dixie, Liv and Di will find themselves squarely in the crosshairs of the least likely killer of all. . ."

One of the things I liked most about the characters is you can relate easily to them, they are hard working, small town but not small minded. They struggle and celebrate, BBQ and deal with what life hands them. They take risks and clearly care and respect Southern values. They believe in Family, helping each other as well as the community, with more time then money. These are characters you would like to add to your book club, your church group or your coffee dates. I look forward to reading more Liv and Die Mysteries and spending more time with them.
To order your own copy of Death Crashes The Party Please click here. 
Thank you for joining me for tea and a cozy mystery today. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. This definitely sounds like a great read. Thank you for introducing me to the series :)

    ReplyDelete