Saturday, October 1, 2016

On My Table and In My Cup September 24th- October 1st

Welcome to October from my table to yours....
October 1st how does that happen so quickly I swear it was just July 2 minutes ago. Today is the release day of Andi Cumbo-Floyd's book Discover Your Writing Self. The reason I share this today is this summer I took Andi's course and felt it was tremendously helpful. I learned so much about myself and writing this summer. Andi had me looking at things I never considered and I felt that I grew personally and improved as a writer while taking the course. I am very pleased there is now a book out so that not only can I review the exercises but so that I can recommend it to anyone who ever wanted to learn about writing. Click here to learn more.
Thursday felt like Christmas with the unexpected and wonderfully exciting arrival of Vicki Vass' book Key to a Murder, this is an Antique Hunter's Mystery and one of my favorite series! I am so thrilled to have it on my table and to review soon! Best part is you can read along with me as this book is already out and you can order it on Amazon by clicking here.
Wednesday Carrie Doyle's book Death on Windmill Way arrived, I have yet to read this book but love the look and feel of it!
Great covers and a fun series Laura Child's book with Terrie Farley Moran also arrived earlier this week much to my surprise and delight as well. I am currently reading this October 4th release now and will share my review with you all very soon.
Magical cats seemed to be a theme this week with Sofie Kelly's book Paws and Effect on my table along with Kathi Daley's Count Catula!
Both cozy series have very intuitive cats and brilliantly written mysteries with characters and cozy settings that can not be beat!
Also I invite you to save the date as Kathi Daley Books is hosting a Halloween Spooktacular Event October 23-31st. I am very pleased to be taking part and hosting a Witches Tea on Wednesday October 26th along with some fun giveaways and visits from a few author friends I hope you will come and join us on Facebook for the day and the entire event! Join in by clicking here.
We also had some lovely visitors to British Columbia where I live this week, I had my own tea party to celebrate The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children stopping by.
Congrats to Robin Coxon winner of the Denise Swanson book Murder of a Cranky Catnapper giveaway.
I feel so very blessed to have you all join me for this week in review and I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment