Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Lord of the Pies by Nell Hampton

Late last night I finished Lord of the Pies the second in the Kensington Place Chef Mystery series.This was a very fun read. I have long been a fan of the Royal Family and while I love that this is centered around their palace home, it actually has nothing to do with the Royals really themselves and is an absolutely brilliant concept.  As much as I love the Royals, I often wonder about those who dedicate their lives to working for the family and to those who work in such a proximity to them. Even though I know this book is fiction it is still fun to imagine and picture everything author Nell Hampton describes so well to us in the books. This is a great read and a fun cozy mystery. I really look forward to reading the next one and many more to come!
This book is out April 10th and is published by Crooked Lane Books. 


When Carrie Ann Cole bakes a lemon meringue pie to die for that actually kills someone, she must find out who the real killer is before her time at the Kensington Palace expires.The elegant Orangery at Kensington Palace is the perfect setting for the bridal shower of Carrie Ann Cole’s best friend’s sister. Personal chef to the royal family, Carrie Ann’s pie theme is naturally winning. But a waiter later keels over dead into the lemon meringue pie she leaves as a thank-you to the staff and Carrie Ann realizes that somebody slipped a mickey into that meringue. Her floury fingerprints are all over that pie and the authorities suspect her distress is a cover-up for murder. Carrie Ann must set out to clear her name if she wants to stay at her dream job any longer. But all too soon, another body drops in the Orangery. This time, it’s the Orangery chef. 
You can preorder from Amazon by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmial.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment