Saturday, March 10, 2018

On My Table and In My Cup March 3rd-10th

Well this has a been a great week for reading. I have made time to read and the good fortune of reading some excellent books!
I am currently reading through Tea and Murder by April Fernsby. A great Amazon find this week.
A Hawaiian Mystery Arrived from Jeanne Burrows Johnson earlier this week, wow could I use an escape to Hawaii right now!
Murder at The Movies by Liz Turner was a lovely surprise cozy as well. This one is based in the 1950's don't let the cute cover fool you it is a good mystery that deserves a better cover! But more on that tomorrow.
I read and so enjoyed  A Lesson in Deceit by Gillian Larkin, this was also a lovely surprise cozy short Amazon find. Loved it! British Cozy shorts are fab!
This has been a great week for new first in series, I love Kate Dyer-Seeley and very much enjoyed the Portland based Natural Thorn Killer! Great read do check it out.
Murder she knit was also a surprise and lovely cozy, with a character who is slightly more my age and mature. Loved the theme of strength and community in this one, a great read.
Debra Sennefelder has a great new cozy series called The Uninvited Corpse, a fresh new cozy with some great animal friends and a good story! Do put this one on your list as well.

Such a treat to have had Kathleen Bridge's Death by the Sea to read. I love a cozy by the sea and this one delivered on all accounts! Wonderful relationship between the main character and her aunt. The main character has so much to offer and she is far from perfect, and not your average main character maven!

This busy week of reading has me feeling great and I hope you can make time to read this weekend, perhaps you will add these great titles to your to be read list!
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery week in review.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment