Sunday, April 22, 2018

Witches Gone Wicked: A Cozy Witch Mystery Womby's School For Wayward Witches by Sarina Dorie

I read Witches Gone Wicked by 
Sarina Dorie 
on Tuesday last week and I had requested it because it said it was a witch cozy, and I love witch cozies most of the time. It is not that I did not enjoy this book, I actually could not put it down but it read more like a guilty pleasure with cozy overtones and it was more fantasy than anything else. I wanted to not like it when I was reading it because I had a preconceived idea of what I think a true witch themed cozy should be and this is really not.  That being said this read like a really great fan fiction of Harry Potter, and a touch of a Harlequin Romance with way more curse words than I truly would have liked but still I could not put it down. I liked and at times identified with the main character, the setting was a bit out there but you have to love a book that has mischief, missing answer keys, plot twists and feral unicorns. All in all it was a departure from what I was used to reading and I liked it. Out of my comfort zone a little but worth the read


You think you know the world of magical boarding schools? Not from a teacher’s perspective at a school for at risk youth. Like any twenty-two-year-old who grew up obsessed with fantasy novels, Clarissa Lawrence expects all her Harry Potter fantasies to come true when she is invited to teach at a school for witches. Her dreams of learning magic—and being a good teacher—are complicated when she finds out her deceased mother was the equivalent of the Wicked Witch of the West. As if being the new “arts and crafts” teacher isn’t hard enough at a school for juvenile delinquent witches, budget cuts are just as severe in the magic community, administrators are as unrealistic in their expectations of teachers, and the job is a hazard if the students find out you can’t actually do magic. Amidst all these challenges, Clarissa must prove she’s not her mother’s mini-me and that she belongs at the school so she can learn to control her powers. If she fails, her powers will be drained, or worse yet, she might be enslaved by the Fae. As if this isn’t enough pressure, she has to figure out why teachers are mysteriously disappearing. If she doesn’t, she might be next.

This book is out now and you can find it on Amazon by clicking here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment