Sunday, May 10, 2020

Irish Tea Cake With Warm Blueberry Sauce and Chantilly Cream

I have not baked much at all during the Covid 19 pandemic, however I have been stock piling recipes and yesterday while I was looking for something to christen my new kitchen aid mixer, I decided in honor of my Irish heritage and as a salute to my Irish Mother, I would make the Irish Tea Cake recipe from Let's Dish Website.
To make it my own I made Lactose free Chantilly Cream and used the last of my blueberries to make a warm blueberry sauce.
I parred it with my Petit Point Royal Albert china and my favorite Murchie's Vanilla tea.
I also took it out of the oven flipped it on my plate hot from the oven, topped it with the blueberry sauce and the cream, took a photo and dove right in. I ate three pieces, which is why I am wearing jogging pants for the foreseeable future, totally worth it.
If you want to try this recipe on Let's Dish, Click Here

Irish Tea Cake from Let's Dish Ingredients

  1. 1/2 cup butter, softened
  2. 1 cup white sugar
  3. 2 eggs
  4. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  5. 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  6. 2 teaspoons baking powder
  7. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  8. 1/2 cup milk
  9. Powdered sugar for dusting
  10. Fresh berries and whipped cream, for topping (optional)

A huge thank you to websites like Let's Dish for keeping us inspired and busy during this Pandemic Time.  
Thank you for joining me here today for a cup of tea and a cozy tea time recipe. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment