Monday, May 11, 2020

My Seashell Art Dolls, why my tea went cold...

Monday night I tried my hand at making something a bit different for a swap I have coming up. We have been assigned a partner, mine who likes mermaids and so I set out to hand make her a spirit doll,  and I ended up making these three, a Madien (the little one) , Mother (above her) and on the far left Crone. I made these for myself, because I needed to make it easier to part with the one I made for my partner.
The one I made for my partner is much more serene looking and I loved everything about her, I used Jute ribbon for her hair, shells for her body and a face I crafted out of polymer clay.  I put her together with my glue gun and a lot of love.
For my other friend Lin, who commented on my photos I shared while making these little lovelies, requested I try one with Red hair, so I did, this is a tea loving Mermaid, so she has to have a facinator and her tea in her hand, mean while under the mounds of crafting supplies on my table and all over my floor, I have lost track my own cup of tea, now stone cold to the right of my mouse....
Well it is after ten, I guess I should try to discover the table so school work can begin again in the morning. Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea, cold as it is and a look at my sea shell dolls, mine can be hung up on perhaps a sea themed holiday tree...
I would love to here from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment