Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Sick Day and Self Care


“You can complain because your roses have thorns or you can rejoice because your thorns have roses”-Pablo Picasso

Well I have had the pleasure of having the flu, (stomach), a 24 hour version, not that awful regular flu,  it has not been fun. I did something I have not done in a really long time and asked for a sick day. I am so grateful to my boss who was able to come in and cover for me. I thought I was going to be okay and tried to work through it, but somethings just really do require rest. 

Between having children and working with the public, it is a perfect storm for picking up the odd virus and common cold and usually leads to a pretty strong immune system, normally I can soldier on, this time I soldiered to bed. Self care, more than facials, cups of tea and time away, are great but never under estimate taking to the bed. Sticking to the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Apples, Tea) I have kept down tea, apples and rice, so hoping to be back to work tomorrow, just waiting on the bananas to ripen...

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a sick day/self care post. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment