Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A Special Cup Graces My Table Today.


I was standing at my sink yesterday morning washing what feels like my millionth dish when my husband asked me why I was not on my way to Seattle. My young friend Ahmie past away this Sunday and her family was having a celebration of life open to all. I originally thought I should not go and yet as I continued the dishes I realized it was exactly where I was meant to be. My normally crazy life and day had sorted it's self. My husband was home from work, only one of my boys required picking up from school and the other boy I look after after school had an appointment with his own family. Apparently my schedule had been made clear. My husband helped me get ready and we borrowed a GPS and I grabbed my passport and I left.
 Ahmie and her family had become a large part of my daily life for the last year and a half. I hosted an on line tea party daily, where we posted our photos and hopes, prayers and love for this young and remarkable lady. 
Smiles through our sadness at Ahmie's request. We gathered at her home and I had the most remarkable chance to not only see Ahmie's body in comfort and in her home but get to see her amazing circle of friends and family. Family, Food and Friendship I witnessed in the face of such an awful time. Beauty and color in a world that largely felt black and white. 

This is how I will remember you as I stood in that very spot of your kitchen yesterday. What an honor to have been a part of your journey, feel the love and warmth of your family and see you at peace surrounded by those who loved you most.





I believe in the power of three. This week three families lives connected with my own have been changed forever. Three loved ones now at peace and we are left alone together. What an honor and privilege to have my life mixed with theirs. 

My first sips from my friend Ahmie's special cup this morning are in thanks to her mothers insistence that I have this special vessel. Today I am thinking of all of you, Ahmie and what you have lost but also thankful for the friendships gained at such trying times.

Thank you for allowing me this space to share my grief and photos of such an amazing young girl and family. I will be back with more tea and hopefully a review of one of my most favorite cozy mysteries of the year!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Karen for sharing this special moment in time. It brought tears and special warmth in knowing that love abounds in many ways in our world. Remembering is a great gift we give to those remaining and those who have gone ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A touching story of love! Thank you, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a personal loan from $3,000 to $20,000,000 within 24 hours upon request. Other types of loans are also available in less than 48 hours. Contact me as needed. Contact Us At :abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO EVERYONE,We offer a variety of loans to our customers worldwide without cost or stress.Whatever your loan needs are, large or small, personal or mortgage, we are ready to talk with you about how we can meet your needs.and how you can get this loan online transfer and account access online Let us help you arrange financing and also get a very legit loan.We are a registered and recognized financial house that gives out loans at a low interest rate to every serious persons, if interested contact us via E-mail address: walkeremma351@gmail.com

    Most Sincerely
    Emma Walker
    walkeremma351@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAVE YOU BEEN A VICTIM OF INVESTMENT SCAM? CONTACT RECOVERY MASTERS FOR SWIFT RECOVERY.

    As a business-minded individual, I despised staying at home, saving all my pensions and not being able to use them to make more money, so I went on the lookout for an investment. I tried binary options and forex, lost some money, and took a break from the online investment thing until I came across a so-called investor guru. I put a lot of money into him and never received it back. I saw articles on Recovery Masters how they have helped victims recover their lost funds and btc. Despite the fact I was at first dubious about the whole thing, l contacted them via their email. Truly grateful for their splendid service and support.. Contact them to recover your lost BTC or money.

    Email address: (Recoverymasters@email.cz )
    (On WhatsApp, dial +1(204)8195505

    ReplyDelete