Saturday, June 13, 2015

On My Table And In My Cup June 7-June 13th

What a week, has it flown by already? Started my Saturday Morning with arrival of Lorna Barrett's A Fatal Chapter. I ordered this book almost a year ago and I am so thrilled. This is one of my most favorite series and the only cozy series I currently purchase in hard cover. Lorna is one of my most favorite authors, she is so very talented and an excellent story teller. I really think if you have not read the booktown mystery series you are missing out on a gem of a town, characters and a new set of friends that everyone should have! Check them out if you have not yet already done so!
Flat Stanley joined me for a cup of tea while Alex my 7 year old dozed in his bed. Flat Stanley and Alex are going on an Awesome Adventure this summer and has now been here a few days with much pomp and ceremony made us all love and worry about his every move. I have ordered two study units to work on with my son this summer to help him stay busy this summer and engaged with his reading. I have to say I am looking forward to this as much as Alex's is!
I moved my morning tea time outdoors this past Sunday morning and it gave me a great sense of peace. I have been missing it, it also brought several bug bites, so I must remember to get a special candle for next time, the sweet smelling one I use is clearly attracting the lovely little monsters, not repelling them.
I received the most wonderful package of bookmarks to share in the mail this week, Judy Volhart's going to be an author you cozy lovers need to know! You can find out more about Judy and her work by clicking here to visit her website.

This has been a truly busy week and one I am thankful to have shared with all of you.
Thank you for joining me here again for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery. As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment