Monday, February 8, 2016

Tea Cards For Valentines Day, A Tutorial By Karen Mom of Three

With Valentines Day a just under week from now I thought I would share with you the little tea cards I made for my boys teachers this year.  Using items I had on hand these were really easy to make and a great craft for any holiday or even as a thank you take home gift.
To make your own you will need:
-2 colors of card stock
-A heart shape paper punch or cut your own heart out of scrap book paper by hand
-A glue stick
-A ruler
-Scissors or Paper Slicer
-A Stapler
-Individually Wrapped Tea Bags

 Step 1- Choose which color you would like the card to be and then cut the card stock at 3 inches straight across the top of your 8.5 X 11 inch piece of paper, you can make yours at any width you like but I found these to be the perfect size to make a square card with a pocket.
Step 2- Fold the card stock at the three inch mark and make a fold.

Step 3- Fold the left over card stock towards the paper as shown in the photo above.
Step 4- Using a stapler (mine was a mini one) staple each end of the card stock as shown above to create the pocket for your bagged tea.
Step 5- Next punch out or cut out your heart shape.
Step 6- On the other color of card stock you chose cut out a 2 inch square.
Step 7- Add glue and center your heart on that card stock square.

Step 8- Add more glue and center that square on the front of your card. You can choose to do it horizontally or vertically.
Step 9- Add your tea bag in the pocket and write your message inside the card. I chose a tea my friend gave me over Christmas called Black Forrest Cupcake by Four O'Clock Tea. I really enjoyed the flavor of this black tea and think that it works well for a Chocolate Valentine Tea. You can use any type of tea you think your Valentine might enjoy.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a Valentine Tea Craft today. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I didn't know there were punches for larger shapes, I'll look out for one.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete