Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Cracked Spine A Scottish Bookshop Mystery Review A True Armchair Adventure Novel!

Saturday was a cold, rainy and windy afternoon and the perfect time to pick up my Ipad, settle into the couch with a cozy blanket and a perfect cup of tea. As I opened my Kindle app and began reading The Cracked Spine by Paige Shelton, I knew in the opening "Wanted Add"  that this was going to be a very special cozy mystery and one I knew straight away I would love.

"Wanted: A bold adventurer who wants to travel the world from a comfortable and safe spot behind a desk that has seen the likes of kings and queens, paupers and princes. A humble book and rare manuscript shop seeks a keenly intelligent investigator to assist us in our search for things thought lost, and in our quest to return lost items to their rightful owners."
Who would not want to apply for that job? I am telling you I think I might even pay for an opportunity to do so! I could not put own The Cracked Spine and I read it in one sitting. I was immediately caught up in the story, characters and charm that was evident in the warm and welcoming characters that main character Delaney encounters once landing in Scotland for her new job.  
This cozy mystery  is even more inviting then the lovely cover would have you believe and one of the most diverting and enjoyable stories I have read this year. This may actually become one of my most favorite series.  The Cracked Spine by Paige Shelton is out March 29th, you can pre order a copy from Amazon by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

4 comments:

  1. I left a review for this book on Good reads, and I believe Amazon. I absolutely love this book! It puts you in another world that you don't want to come out of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a review for this book on Good reads, and I believe Amazon. I absolutely love this book! It puts you in another world that you don't want to come out of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get a personal loan from $3,000 to $20,000,000 within 24 hours upon request. Other types of loans are also available in less than 48 hours. Contact me as needed. Contact Us At :abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete