Monday, June 6, 2016

A Cup Of Tea and A Visit With Laura Bradford Author of Eclair and Present Danger

Today I am thrilled have Laura Bradford with us for a cup of tea and a quick chat about her newest Cozy Eclair and Present Danger which is out tomorrow!


KMOT: I always like to ask when you are writing what sustains you, Coffee, Tea or other?

LB:If I drink anything while writing, it's most definitely a hot chocolate (bonus points if it can be a white chocolate hot chocolate).

KMOT: There is so much heart in this book, it feels like a great close knit cozy. Is Serenity Lane based on real life experiences?


LB: Serenity Lane is the kind of street I'd love to live on. I love elderly people. They are such a gift of wisdom and experience and lessons if people would give them a chance. Mr. Nelson reminds me a little of my great uncle Ray. Ray is 96 and still sharp as a tack. I treasure my time with him. As for my characters, I think Winnie, Renee, Mr. Nelson, Bridget, and Jay are the kind of people we'd all love to have in our life. They bicker some, sure, but the closeness is tangible. I have always loved mixing ages in my books and I get to do it again in this series, too.




KMOT: How long did it take you to write Eclair and Present Danger?
LB:Three months. I think a lot of that was because I absolutely loved every moment of writing this book. There was no "middle slump" where you want to do anything but write. Most days I didn't want to stop.




KMOT: There are some really great recipes in this book, do you write and bake them all?
LB: The recipes are ones I find (and love) with some tweaks. I love to bake. It makes me happy in much the same way it does my main character, Winnie. I find it therapeutic.

Thank you so much Laura for joining us here today. To learn more about Laura please visit her website by clicking here.

Order your own copy of Eclair and Present Danger from Amazon by clicking here.

For those of you like me in Canada or through out the rest of the world who love free shipping you can find Eclair and Present Danger on The Book Depository by clicking here.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me here today, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. I loved the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great interview. The character descriptions make me want to read it. I love elderly people too, and books that contain them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. received my copy in my Kindle today, can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete