Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Island Weekend Get Away Book #2 Murder At Sunrise

I was very blessed to get away to Vancouver Island this weekend for a baseball tournament and while I was not on the tropical island of Hawaii it was wonderful to pretend as I read Kathi Daley's second in the Sand and Sea Hawaiian Mystery series, Murder at Sunrise. I love the way Kathi writes and I really feel she captures the essence of the Hawaiian feel in her writing. Getting to know the characters a bit better in this second book and learning more about them made the book feel so real. I appreciate the different dynamics between the characters and love the age difference. I think that having so many characters that are of different ages adds so much dimension to this story.
In my hotel room this weekend reading and writing early morning with tea, it felt wonderful to be back in "Hawaii" with this cozy read!
Hilarity ensues when a group of seniors decide to investigate after one of their own ends up dead. Luke and Lani join the effort only to discover that they may have bitten off more than they can chew when the murder mystery becomes a lot more complicated, and a lot more dangerous, than anyone could have anticipated.
If you can not make it to Hawaii for a vacation take a virtual one and go on an adventure with Kathi's great cast of characters! Order your own copy of Murder at Sunrise by clicking here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

4 comments:

  1. The first one in the series is on my TBR list. I have a friend who lives on Vancouver Island and she tells all our old English school friends that she lives on a Pacific Island.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen. I read this book and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I love Kathi Daley's books. I have Murder at Sunrise on my TBR List. I know it will be good.

    ReplyDelete