Sunday, June 5, 2016

Karen's Mini Strawberry Pavlova's and Tea


Today I am sharing my mini pavlova recipe that I have been making a lot lately (Okay at least once a week for the last three weeks) It is strawberry season where I live and it is hard to resist them when they are so sweet tasting and priced so well. I have also been growing strawberry mint this spring and I love how it enhances the strawberry flavor in my desserts. I also have been adding the strawberry mint leaves to my tea and I loved the taste.
 This recipe is one i have been working on for a while. The trick is to get a crisp outer shell and a spongy light as air center.

To make your own you will need:
-4 egg whites at room temp
-1 1/4 cups of sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp apple cider vinegar
-2 tsp corn starch
-*strawberries
-*whip cream or cool whip

Preheat your oven to 350
In your mixing bowl place 4 egg whites, allow them to come up to room temp as they will whip higher and fluffier if you do. With an electric beaters (or kitchen aid like I use) whip your egg whites until they are stiff , slowly add the sugar about a tablespoon at a time, it takes a while but it is worth it. Once the sugar is mixed in remove the beaters from the bowl and use a spatula to gently fold in your vinegar and vanilla and your cornstarch.
 Next line your baking sheet with parchment paper, depending on the size you want you can pile your egg white mixutre in the center, make 6, 8 or even 12 smaller versions, just space them evenly and equally, make a dent in the center so that you have edges to hold your cream and strawberries after baking. Place them in the oven with room to expand slightly.

Bake until  golden brown depending on the size for a large one about an hour, less time depending on the size, and then allow them to cool.

Serve with whip cream and sliced strawberries.
I cut up my strawberries and then I finely chop 6 large strawberry mint leaves and add them to the strawberries, you can sweeten with sugar if you want or leave as is.

I love this very light and sweet dessert, you can use any fruit you want with it, it is such a great dessert base!
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy recipe. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com


1 comment: