Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A Cup of Tea and A Cozy Chat With Joyce Tremel of The Brewing Trouble Mystery Series

Today we sit down and chat with cozy mystery author Joyce Tremel from the Brewing Trouble Mystery series. I recently read, reviewed and loved A Room with a Brew, this is the third book in the series. I asked Joyce to stop by for a quick chat today and share a bit about her work with all of you.

KMOT: Welcome Joyce,  When you are writing what sustains you?

JT: No matter what I'm writing, I'm usually sustained by coffee and beer, depending on what time of day it is. Plus an occasional piece or two of chocolate. 


KMOT: What was your inspiration for the character of Jake? 

JT "I'm not exactly sure what my inspiration for Jake was. I wanted someone whose previous career wasn't anything like being a chef. Pittsburgh is such a sports-oriented town that a sports figure fit the bill. Although my character Candy loves football and the Steelers, I hate it. I like hockey more than baseball, so hockey worked."



KMOT: How did you come up with this series? 

JT: When I was asked to come up with an idea for a cozy, I wanted to do something entirely different. I may have been drinking a beer at the time I decided a female brewmaster was a great idea, lol.

KMOTH: Who was the inspiration for  Hops the lovely cat who is featured on the covers? 

JT: The "prototype" for Hops was my cat Layla. We had her for about 11 years until she got sick and we had to let her go last year. Sometimes I still think I hear her tapping across the hardwood floor.

KMOT: What is next for us readers and fans? 

JT: I'm not sure what's next exactly. I'm hoping there will be a fourth book in the series. My agent is looking at options right now. She's also sending out a proposal for a mystery series set on the homefront in WWII. My character is a reporter who takes over for her dad's newspaper when he goes overseas as a war correspondent. I'm also working on another proposal for a cozy series set in central Pennsylvania. 

Thank you Joyce for taking time to chat with us today. A Room with A Brew is out now and you can find it on Amazon by clicking here 

Thank you for joining us here today for a cup of tea and a cozy chat! I would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment