Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Secrets and Pies by Jenny Kales

Last Friday I read Jenny Kales upcoming cozy mystery Secrets and Pies! This is the third book in the Callie's Kitchen Mystery and It is coming out on August 19th! Thrilled to have had it to read early and so much I wish I could share with you! But I promise no spoilers, we do however get to know Callie and her staff member Max this time around. I also loved the setting in this story! I think you will too. The mystery is a strong one and I did not have it figured out until the reveal and I hope it is the same for you. I love a good mystery that I don't have figured out don't you?
Secrets and Pies has some great recipes and is a truly cozy lovers delight!

Don't forget to join us for Secrets and Pies the release party as well on Thursday October 19th! Click here to RSVP and join us! 
Summertime in Crystal Bay means tourist season for Calliope “Callie” Costas, owner of Callie’s Kitchen, a Greek-meets-Midwest from-scratch eatery. Business is booming but so is the stress. Callie can barely keep up with the demand for her famous summer fruit pies and savory Greek delicacies, plus she’s agreed to bake dozens of “pitas” for the annual Greek Fest.
When Callie is asked to deliver cast party treats for a Murder Mystery Night at the historic Harris House, it seems like a welcome break from her hot stove. That is, until she finds herself an unwilling player in yet another suspicious death. Worse yet, the victim is a family friend and graduate student working on a project involving Crystal Bay’s colorful past.Before long, a motley crew of suspects makes things as juicy as the succulent berries strewn around Callie’s Kitchen. And that’s not all Callie’s got on her plate. Add family obligations, a deepening romance with a local detective and unexpected personnel problems to the mix. One thing’s for sure: Callie’s got the recipe for a long, hot summer!

You can pre order your copy by clicking here. 

Thank you so much for joining me here for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment