Saturday, October 21, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup October 14th- 21st

Things that I would never have believed possible this week happened. Good things, not so great things and amazing things. First off my TBR pile is almost as long as I am tall and I am thankful to Karen K for helping me get my TBR list in order and well I have misplaced it this morning but some of the books shown above are a fraction of what is one it. #blessedlystressed.
I hosted a cooking class fundraiser for my oldest son's choir on Saturday night. He is going to Europe over Spring Break and 20 lovely ladies came, learned out to make a lovely Greek meal and we raised $275 towards the cost of the trip.
I am very grateful to these ladies for helping us with the cost of the trip. The Epicure spices and cookware used was fun and very healthy, also pretty yummy too! Who knew I could cook a whole chicken in 15 mins!
A delightful surprise this week to find that Vicki Vass has released her latest in the Antique Hunters series and that she put my name and quote on the front cover! That was such a thrill! Great book and series a must read!
I have a review up tomorrow of book three in the Maddie Hatter series, Timely Taffeta is a great adventure mystery, while technically it is a YA book, I feel it is timeless and delightful!
M.K. Graff's British suspense mystery The Golden Hour was an exciting read as well, could see this one as a mini series for sure!


Sunday I shared my review of The Plot is Murder, you simply must get this book. So good and I want you to read it so we can chat about it!

 Thursday night I hosted the release day event for Secrets and Pies for author Jenny Kales and it was such a blast! Thank you to all of you who came!
Thank you also to author Joyce Tremel for stopping by for tea and chatting about her latest book A Room With A Brew.
Also arrived this week is author Lynn Cahoon's book Of Murder and Men this series is one I have been enthralled with since book one and I am so excited to have this on my list to read!

In my cup this week I have had largely my Vanilla Black tea from Murchie's, quite a few water bottles this week too, and some wonderful Mulled Apple Cider I made from my Epicure party. Spices and hot apple juice, not only smelled great but was tasty too!
I am just finishing up A Fatal Collection and will have that review for you early next week.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment