Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday Check In, The New Normal

“Strength grows in the moments where you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway”-author unknown

It's Friday, almost 7:30 at night and I am exhausted, this is after a three hour nap and a day of wonder and trauma. I spent almost two hours on line applying for EI and that pretty much took every ounce of energy I had. The delicate balance of optimism and anxiety is a wire act I just feel I have not had the correct training for. I had lots of plans of productivity today and instead of being able to follow through on easiest of the best made plans, I did very little. I ate PB&J for the second day in a row and not out of  desperation but comfort. I spoke to my Aunt Sandi this morning, the loss of her sister has taken a huge toll on our family this week. My Aunt Nat lost her battle with Cancer, and they live 3,000 miles from here. I can be of little help. 
“At the end of your day, all you need is hope and strength. Hope that it will get better and strength to hold on until it does” -author unknown
Holding on to this quote a little tighter tonight and riding the waves of grief and uncertainty, hoping things are a little easier on all of you.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at  karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment