Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Social Distancing, Day 1

Well as of last night I am not currently employed. I am not sure if I am over or under reacting at any given time to the events that are unfolding hourly around the world and here at home. I want to stay home and do my part but it has for me like many other people been a double edge sword. Fighting an invisible enemy, one who doesn't seem to care about your age, social status, ability to fight, nor your undesired ability to be a carrier with out knowing. I have tried to reconcile and make sense of things and trust what I cannot see. Hope that our provincial, and our federal governments can and will assist us going forward into the unknown.
My last day for now at Murchie's was yesterday as I said, I tried to keep myself as safe as possible and sewed a few face masks to wear when others were in the store. I will say it does give me a bit of comfort but not the invincibility I was craving. I am happy to be home and devastated not to be at work at the same time. I have been afraid to sit and write not wanting to add to the overwhelming information and misinformation that is all around us.  But I think now I am going to continue to write my blog again, about happy things and about all the things that are good, and beautiful around me.
My new outfit for "social distancing" arrived today, hope it adds some cheer to your tea time and for the neighborhood walk I am planning on taking daily. For now I leave with you this, laugh often, rest, and make tea.
I promise to share more now that I seem to have a lot of free time on my hands...
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I feel so bad for people losing their jobs right now. But this will pass eventually. In the meantime take care of yourself and keep your spirits up. LOVE your social distancing outfit.

    ReplyDelete