Thursday, March 5, 2020

Soul Care in the time of Covid-19...


Whatever is good for your soul do that....

The above is was what I wrote on my instagram image this morning and I tried to follow through with that as much as I could today. I am still on the mend from having Influenza A and like many of you, I am watching in horror as the Cov-19 Virus crisis unfolds, I try to not read every story I find on it, but it is like a train wreck and very hard to look away. I myself  was in need of Toilet Paper this week and went to Walmart, which I was shocked to find had six packages left in the entire store and they wanted $18.77 for it, now I don't know about you but I felt a bit of panic, quickly replaced by irritation as I realized that not only were people hoarding TP, but that felt a bit like price gauging to me.
I could not help but walk away, with out TP.
I did find some tonight and not a moment too soon, my regular brand and $5.97 (In the top right photo offered at the crazy price!) At London Drugs, and I made a decision not to go over board and bought what I needed, now I worry TP will be the currency we use going forward, I am not convinced I did the right thing by not hoarding the TP!
So in the interest of soul care and fun...I have a small obsession (though not hoarding) face masks and I really like this Unicorn one but my sister in law tells me it is terrifying, so tonight I tried a plain one....
 I think honestly this one is more terrifying looking but was much nicer feeling...
I am not sure how it is only Thursday, but I am doing what I can to find simple joy and happiness in my day, maybe it is my age but I often think back to the cartoons I would watch and when things got tough the characters would hang a sign that said "Gone Fishing" so I figured I would try that for my soul as well.
In these trying times, remember whatever is good for your soul do that.
Thanks for joining me for a cup of tea and some of myself care coping skills.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. For many years, we have provided Soulcare prayer sessions. prayer for spiritual healing and Emotional Healing Through Prayer are two of our services. That means that even our best efforts to "do the right thing" are thwarted by unmet love and protection needs. Emotional trauma can keep us trapped in a cycle of hopelessness or self-destruction. Please phone +64201112123 for more details.

    ReplyDelete