Saturday, March 7, 2020

Saturday Tea Party For One...

Saturday morning first thing at the clinic, have had so much ear pain and nose bleeding that I could hardly sleep, they make you wear a mask at the clinic now if you have any cold like symptoms. I was surprised to learn that while it is going to take up to a month to start feeling more like myself after contracting Influenza A, the medicine I have been taking for inflammation and congestion was the reason for the added pain and nose bleeding. I was told to now take Tylenol Cold and Sinus and see if that helps for the next 12 days. I left the clinic and headed to get supplies from the grocery store and was met by an old friend...
My friend Cookie reminded me that things are going to be okay and that I was severely lacking in cookies in my cookie jar....24 may have made it in my cart.
 They say you should never go to the grocery store, sad, sick or hungry...or maybe you should. I got the medicine, and a few other things to make myself a tea party for one, I mean you should take your medicine with food right?  I made some cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches, peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwiches, scones, and treats, though true be told I could only eat my sandwiches and a scone before I took myself back to bed and slept most of the day away.
Soup for dinner and maybe one of Cookie Monsters amazing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, before another early night in bed for me.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a tea party for one, really its not any harder than making regular lunch, you just cut off the crusts and use pretty plates, and let the bakery do the baking of the treats....
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: