Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday...




“Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths”-Etta Hillesum

Greetings from my table to yours. Hoping that this post finds you in good spirits. It has been a long week, Saturday offered me a bit of refuge in that while I could not sleep more than a few hours last night, I did get a restful nap in. I woke up feeling much better than I have in days. I think the lack of normal routine and the daily constant flow of information, and panic have more than taking its toll.



I have tried not being on social media constantly and have binge watched Marie Kondo on Netflix this week. If you are not familiar with this show its about a lovely and very enthusiastic Japanese lady who helps you to organize and prioritize your belongings based on weather or not they bring you joy.    After my nap I found the energy to create a mountain of my clothes...and parted with almost two full garbage bags of my clothing.  Still overwhelmed by how much I actually had, and still have.  My room is an on going nightmare, I mean progress. 
I did one drawer the junk drawer in my kitchen and way more success and gratification with that one. 
I ventured out to the grocery store for the first time in a week, grabbed some much needed fruit, and perishables, and Doritos, returned home and made my first really non pasta dinner in a week and sat down to write my blog. I did feel odd being out, nervous, but not overwhelmed. Glad that with what I got I should not need to go out for at least another week and a half. 
I have downloaded a book to my kindle I hope to read if I can keep my eyes open that is. 
I hope that wherever you are that you are safe and comfortable in these strange times. 
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment