Thursday, January 18, 2018

Twelve Angry Librarians is now out in paperback!

Today I am writing about one of my most treasured series, that is The Cat in the Stacks Mystery series written by Miranda James. Twelve Angry Librarians has just come out in paperback from Berkley Crime.  This cozy mystery series stands out to me so much because of the main character Charlie Harris and his Main Coon Sidekick Diesel. I have read many cozy mysteries and series but this one stands out to me most because of the perspective of the main character and how author Miranda James is able to show enormous empathy and capacity for a male main character in a cozy setting. Charlie is written with great sophistication, grit and sincerity. He feels like he could be your friend, father, neighbor or coworker. There is a great respect and endearment that Miranda James encorperates in Charlie  and an undeniable bond between man and cat with Diesel.  It is really easy to relate to Charlie, to Diesel and to all of the characters I have become attached too over the many books in this series. This is one of the best binge worthy cozy mystery series ever written.
For me this series had a profound and deep effect on me. After reading the first three books, we rescued a cat of our own, or I should say our cat Squirrel rescued us. It was all the things Miranda James did in writing the character of Diesel that convinced us it was time to bring a cat home to our own family. We adopted her as a two year old rescue and she is one of the most wonderful things that ever happened to our family.
Squirrel has also become a trusted reading companion and she has joined me through reading so many of Miranda James books. It is as if she knows the special bond between reader and cat and the Cat in the Stacks Mystery series. 

We have now had our second rescue cat Mia, for two years and she as well is a fan of the series. She I think has more of Diesel's coloring! If you are a cat lover this is a series for you. If you are looking for a series with a great setting, a  main character that exceeds stereotypical cozy mystery standards then this is the series you have been waiting for. Twelve Angry Librarians is book 8 in the series and is now out in paperback. You can find it on Amazon by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a look at a favorite cozy mystery series. It is my hope that you will find it as endearing as I have.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment