Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A Cookie You Must Try Making! Beth's Foolproof Madeline Cookies!


Two months to Christmas and I thought I would take today to share a holiday recipe with you. I love baking and I had not made these cookies in more than 20 years. What held me back was not having a pan. In September though one of my local Facebook groups I was gifted a Madeleine pan. I was so excited to have the pan and went to look for my recipe and could not find it. I did however find and love this youtube tutorial from Entertaining with Beth and mine turned out spectacular! 
One of the things I love about these cookies is how soft and cake like they turned out to be. Her recipe was spot on and I loved making these.
Truly the secret to making these is really in refrigerating the dough overnight and using a small scoop to fill your tray.
These are best enjoyed with a great friend and a great cup of tea.
To find the tutorial on youtube please click here.
I cut and pasted her recipe for you to enjoy! Watch the video though it is amazing!


BETH’S FOOLPROOF MADELEINE RECIPE
Makes 18 cookies
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 (7.5 ml) tsp orange zest
3 eggs
2/3 cup (130 g) sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
1 cup (120 g) flour
¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt
1 tbsp (7 g) powdered sugar
6 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
METHOD:
Preheat oven to 350F/(176C).
Whisk together dry ingredients add to the egg mixture gently, until just combined. Then add melted butter.
Beat eggs with sugar until pale yellow. Add zest.
Refrigerate the batter at least 1 hour! Or overnight. This is really critical for getting the “hump” of a Madeleine, the traditional mark of this classic French cookie.

Lightly coat a non-stick, Madeleine pan with baking spray using this technique. Spray the baking spray into a small bowl and with a pastry brush lightly grease each well.
Bake 7-8 mins until slightly golden around edges and centers look set and slight hump has appeared. Allow to cool slightly and remove from the tin and allow to cool.
Spoon 1 tbsp (15 ml) of batter into the center of the well and don’t touch it. It will spread out by itself and keep a more uniform shape that way.
Once cooled completely and dust with powdered sugar and serve!
These are best eaten the day they are made. Batter can be made 2 days ahead of time.


Thank you for joining me here today for a cup of tea and a great holiday cookie recipe! I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment