Thursday, October 25, 2018

Slay In Character by Lynn Cahoon

I was so delighted to receive and advanced reading copy of Lynn Cahoon's book Slay In Character. This is a series I love, simply because the idea of this type of a writers retreat really appeals to me, the setting is so plausible and the characters are all so likeable. I love that something big is always happening and something fun is always being discussed during these writer retreats. I think Cat the main character is well written. Divorced, and left the marital home she shared with her ex husband, she converted the home into an amazing writing retreat. Cat , is no nonsense and hardworking, yet has a creative and caring side that you cannot help but love. At times I think she is really coming into her own, solving her own mystery, the mysteries surrounding the retreats and learning to live again. In Slay In Character I loved the mystery surrounding the student who was selected to attend the retreat. It was well laid out and I did not guess the killer correctly.
This book at so many touching moments for me as well. I loved it. This book is out November 27th from Kensington.
Staying in character can be murder when Cat Latimer and the members of her writers’ retreat head for a ghost town . . .  Cat and the members of her writers’ retreat have just arrived in Outlaw, Colorado, an “Old West” tourist town complete with inhabitants dressed up as famous figures from history. But this authentic slice of Americana takes a murderous turn when a college student masquerading as a 19th-century saloon girl becomes history herself.   Was she the intended target? Or did she take a hit meant for someone else? With a cast of suspects to choose from—including some notorious gunslingers and the sleazy town founders—Cat must unhorse the real culprit before a real-life ghost story is given a killer twist . . .  

You can find Slay in Character on Amazon by clicking here ( I am not an affiliate) 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment